As a YOUTH JAZZ Fellow, you are required to:
- Maintain accurate contact information, availability, and services offered.
- Render your services at the rate established at the start of each season.
- Participate in scheduled rehearsals, recordings, performances, and workshops.
- Honor scheduling policies as agreed to by you and YOUTH JAZZ.
- Not possess, use, sell, or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
As a YOUTH JAZZ Fellow, you are encouraged to:
- Address all schedule details directly with the YOUTH JAZZ Director.
- Notify YOUTH JAZZ if you must miss or reschedule your scheduled participation.
- Alert YOUTH JAZZ if you discontinue working with us as a fellow.
You also agree that:
- Your relationship with YOUTH JAZZ as a Fellow is that of a student during instructional activities and an independent contractor for those paid octet performances, and nothing in these guidelines, terms, or any agreement is intended to, or shall be construed to create a formal partnership, agency, joint venture, employment or similar relationship between you and us.
- You are not entitled to any employee benefits, such as group health or life insurance, profit-sharing or retirement benefits.
- You are not authorized to make any representation, contract, or commitment on our behalf unless specifically requested or authorized by the YOUTH JAZZ Director in writing to do so.
- You are solely responsible for and will file on a timely basis, all tax returns and payments required to be filed with, or made to, any federal, state or local tax authority with respect to the performance of the services and receipt of compensation from us.
- No part of your compensation (if any) will be subject to withholding by us for the payment of any social security, federal, state or any other employee payroll taxes. We will regularly report amounts paid to you by filing Form 1099MISC with the Internal Revenue Service as required by law.
- You will observe all anti-harassment and non-discrimination laws in the performance of your services.
YOUTH JAZZ Consultants Guidelines are found here.
YOUTH JAZZ Terms and Conditions are found here.