CONTACT MR. BURNETT AT (913) 250-5141
The primary mission of Kansas City Area Youth Jazz is to record and release a professionally produced and commercially distributed album each season. So all of our primary efforts in each ensemble are always directed towards accomplishing this purpose. Playing public gigs is an ancillary consideration since each ensemble in the program only prepares two selections for the album and gigs will require development of an hour-long set list for the concert. However, during the course of each season various opportunities to perform public concerts and gigs in the greater Kansas City Area communities may present themselves to be compatible with this stated primary mission. Kansas City Area Youth Jazz welcomes such synergy.
OFFICIAL YOUTH JAZZ PERFORMANCES
- In order for a performance to be considered an official Kansas City Area Youth Jazz performance, it has to be contracted and booked by the Artistic Director.
- In order for a performance to be considered an official Kansas City Area Youth Jazz performance, performers must be compensated for their musical services.
- In order for a performance to be considered an official Kansas City Area Youth Jazz performance, it must be open to public attendance to listen to the music.
- Fees for Christopher Burnett clinics and master classes, festival and contest adjudication, and community panels support the Kansas City Area Youth Jazz Inc. program.
CONTRACTED YOUTH JAZZ PERFORMANCES
- Contracted performances are booked through the Artistic Director only.
- Inquiries must meet the parameters for official youth jazz performances above.
- Contact Mr. B at (913) 250-5141 to inquire.
ACTIVE PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
ARC JAZZ JAM SESSION AT 424 LOUNGE
WHO? + WHAT? + WHEN? Youth Jazz Fellows who play piano, bass, and drums will be approached this season by the Artistic Director to perform as Next Generation Staff for one hour at the ARC Jazz Jam Session at 424 Lounge. This is a paid situation for Fellows and will generally occur during April, May, June, and July. This is a partnership between Kansas City Area Youth Jazz, Inc., 424 Lounge, and the ARC label. Other concert opportunities may be scheduled too.
BIRD BOOT CAMP 2023
WHO? + WHAT? + WHEN? Youth Jazz Fellows may be approached this season by the Artistic Director to perform as Next Generation Staff for BIRD BOOT CAMP + MUSICAL SALUTE 2023. This is a paid situation annually in August. This is an official Kansas City Area Youth Jazz, Inc. partnership with KC Jazz ALIVE and Burnett Music Foundation.
BIRD BOOT CAMP 2023 is on Saturday August 19, 2023 at The Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts and will feature Berklee College of Music Professor, Saxophonist, and GRAMMY nominated International Recording Artist, Tia Fuller.